Tax season is over! After taking a few deep breaths and actually relaxing, I have come up with a top 10 list of things I learned from tax season.
- Weekly massages are a great stress relief.
- Bowls of snack size candy around the office are a welcome treat, although not particularly great for the waistline.
- Even when you work long hours, taking care of your health is important.
- Go home, cuddle babies, eat non fast food, these things will help give you energy to survive tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that.
- There is such a thing as too much coffee, but it takes a lot to get to that point.
- Our local banks know how to treat CPA’s well.
- Everyone has their own CPA and tax history. Some clients have used a CPA before. For others, it’s a new experience. Some clients like to file early in the season, while others will extend every year.
- Meeting with clients is always fun and interesting, it’s nice to be able to put a face to the work we are doing.
- Monthly office lunches are a good way to take a break and have non-work interactions with coworkers.
- Every CPA office should have a Tax Day retreat, it is a great team building exercise as well as a good tension release.
There you have it, the top 10 (fun) things I learned this tax season.
Ashley Walsh, CPA